Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Continuation of white privilege

As i sit here and think i always seem to come bck to this subject and yes some may say it is becuase i am a MINORITY and you know what your RIGHT. some may say i am cocky or ignorant for allowing this subject to continue within my mind once the class discussion is over. guess what your RIGHT. you want to know why i say they are right is because THEY HAVE NOT WALED IN MY SHOES, THEY HAVE NOT SAT IN A CLASSROOM AND FELT ALONE BECAUSE NOONE ELSE IN THE CLASSROOM LOOKED LIKE ME. But yet they get more privelege then me because they was born white. Many say white people are better than black people and do you know what i say to that...
BULLCRAP
Why are they better than me people lived in africa and becuase enviormental purpose people began to flee and when they did so the skin color was not as dark becuase they was lacking SUN. Thats how they became the skin color white. I have always asked myself this question, WHO EVER IN THEIR RIGHT MIND SAID WHITE WAS RIGHT AND BLACK WAS WRONG? When technically all humans are black. People do not understand the feeling of being black and walking into a classroom and there is not one person that looks like you unless you are an miniority. tim wise expressed how he did not even have to try out to be the led player in a Romeo and Juliet he just walked into auditions and told his teacher he wanted the part and nect thing he was named the person to play romeo and juliet. All while a black student had to try out memorize lines and still did not get the part all because the color of their skin. Thats why now when i notice White Privilege i do not hold my toungue for nothing.

3 comments:

  1. I see this kind of stuff all the time and that's what's sad about it. How black people or any non white people do things just as good or even better than a white person and they still don't get credit for it. And you're right, it is bullshit. I've thought to myself before the same thing that you have. What makes white people think that they are better? And I couldn't really think of a good reason, just all bs reasons. I think it's all about power. I can't understand exactly what you're saying because I've never had to walk into a classroom and be the only person of my race before. I've never had to feel like I was totally alone like that. But I have been told that I couldn't/shouldn't do something because I was a girl, and I have felt like I should not try something because a guy was going to do it better. So I can relate to you with feeling like someone thinks they're better than me in that way.

    It's good that you're not holding your tongue. I'm starting to speak out more too, and sometimes people think I'm annoying or self righteous for it or whatever, but I don't care. I think it's the only way to change anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with you completely and i also like the observation you brought up in class during our small group discussion, about were the majority of blacks sit and were the whites sit in Donavon. I myself notices the same thing almost every time i enter Donavon to get something to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY HEY HEY how is that book coming along! haha i still have to add my explanation in there.....and i can not believe we are going on TUESDAY FIRST! hahah i feel so unprepared...but we will be fine ! :)

    ReplyDelete